Getting an effective flea and tick preventive treatment is a challenge for most dog owners. There are several forms of flea and tick preventive treatments available in the market: collars, topical and oral. Out of which collars and topical treatments are effective, but they also expose your pet to health problems. This is the reason Zoetis has launched a new oral flea and tick preventive treatment – Simparica, that has gained a lot of popularity in recent times.
What is Simparica?
Simparica is an oral flea and tick preventive treatment that acts rapidly against fleas and ticks. Dogs love the lever flavored chewable which remains effective for an entire month. If you are residing in an area where flea infestation is a big problem, this ingenious monthly treatment is recommended to be used on a yearly basis without any interruption. The effectiveness of Simparica can be gauged from the fact that it starts killing fleas within 3 hours and ticks within 8 hours. But you need to have a prescription from your veterinarian to procure this flea and tick preventative treatment.
How Does Simparica Work?
Sarolaner is the active ingredient present in this flea and tick preventative treatment. It suppresses the effectiveness of neurotransmitter gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor and glutamate receptor and thereby causes its effect on the neuromuscular junction in insects. This results in indocile neuromuscular activity resulting in the death of insects or acarines. The great thing about Simparica chewable is, it remains effective for 35 days without losing its potency. This product is currently available in five different color codes: yellow, purple, orange, blue and green. This product is recommended for dogs 6 months or older.
What Protection Does Simparica Chewables Give To Doggies?
- A monthly flea and tick preventative chewable that requires only a single tablet to kill fleas and ticks
- Excellent for dogs with prevailing flea infestations and flea allergy
- Improves the clinical signs of flea allergies in pooches by getting rid of fleas
- Effective against home flea infestations and kills fleas before they have the chance to lay eggs
- Kills ticks swiftly thereby reducing the chances of possibly grievous flea and tick borne diseases
- Very easy to administer chewable tablet
- Can be given orally to the dog or mixed with the dog food
But before getting this effective treatment, it is recommended to inquire from your veterinarian whether this flea and tick preventive is right for your furry pal.