“Why has my flea treatment stopped working?” is one of the many questions that are asked by many pet parents and you also might be having this question at the back of your mind. So, to get the answer, read on.
Why Has My Flea Treatment Stopped Working?
Flea treatments are very important to prevent, treat and control flea infestations on your beloved pal because fleas are one of the most annoying parasites that cause itching, irritation and skin infections.
Hence, as a pet parent you will resort to one of the best flea treatments in the market but when you use it you find that the product is not working. The reason behind that is that many strains of fleas develop a resistance to certain flea products. They become immune to those ingredients and therefore the product doesn’t deliver the desired results.
Why Do Fleas Become Immune To Flea Products?
Irregular usage of treatment gives an opportunity to the DNA of the fleas to develop a resistance towards that ingredient. It is more like adapting to the changed conditions. Also, regular usage of the product for a very long time can also make the fleas immune to that particular drug. As a result, changing your flea treatment is very crucial.
Switching Flea Treatments And The Best Products To Switch To
Switching flea treatments keeps the fleas from adapting to a particular drug thus becoming the best way to treat your pooch. There are many products to switch to when you find your product ineffective, Bravecto chews or Nexgard spectra are one of the best options.
The characteristics of Bravecto and Nexgard.
1. Bravecto Chews For Dogs
- Terminates fleas and controls flea infestations
- Oral 3 –Monthly flea and tick treatment
- Treats ticks including black-legged ticks, American dog ticks, and brown dog ticks
- Eliminates lone star ticks up to 8 weeks
- Flavor is accepted by the dogs
- Kills 100% fleas within 12 hours of administration
- Controls flea and tick-borne diseases
- Aids in controlling flea allergy dermatitis
- Safe to use in adult dogs, including breeding, pregnant and lactating dogs
- Can be given to puppies 6 months of age and older, and weighing 4.4 pounds or greater.
- Quick action formula is effective on both fleas and ticks
- Remains effective for 30 days
- Terminates adult fleas within 8 hours of administration
- Controls the effect of flea allergy dermatitis
- Safe for all dog breeds including collies
- Beef-flavored chew is loved by dogs and easily accepted
- Approved to be used on puppies 8 weeks of age or older.
Apart from these Products, you can also choose other products like Stronghold, K9 Advantix and Frontline plus. Also, make sure that you keep your pooch’s surroundings clean and healthy. To keep your house flea free vacuum clean your house thoroughly.
Always remember that before switching your flea treatment please do consult your Vet and eschew from irregularities of flea administration.
You may also like to read Top Fleas And Tick Treatment Of 2019 For Dogs.